October 16, 2007
Honoring our beloved pets during the holidays
The holidays are just around the corner, and for some of us, that means it's the very first holiday season (Christmas) without our fur babies. But, you know, even if it's been four or fourteen years since they've left for Heaven, we still find ourselves missing them - don't we?
Here are a few things you can do to pay tribute to your precious pet this holiday season:
1. Buy a Christmas tree and decorate it in honor of your pet.
2. Have a Christmas wreath decorated with your pet's photos all around it.
3. Have a local artist paint a portrait of your pet (provide your favorite photo of your pet).
4. Donate to a local shelter in honor of your pet.
5. Help a stray pet find a good home.
6. Help an elderly person care for his or her pet.
7. Start a scrapbook in memory of your pet.
8. Start a Christmas ornament collection with your pet's name to pay tribute to him or her.
9. Foster a pet online at a local animal shelter (like the Animal Defense League).
10. Help provide comfort and support to someone who has recently lost a precious pet.
If you have other ways of memorializing a pet companion, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on this blog Web site.