SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2008
Come be part of a heart-warming event, dedicated to your special animal companion - gone, but NEVER forgotten!
St. Francis Episcopal Church
4242 Bluemel Road
San Antonio, Texas
Free Admission. Open to the Public.
Bring your family and friends! It's an event you won't want to miss.
- Listen to inspiring messages of hope and wonderful stories on the bond between people and pets
- Enjoy soothing and beautiful music in honor of our furry friends
- Meet award-winning Author and animal lover, Teri Wilson. Teri loves romance, dogs and wearing pink. Her stories are often filled with happy endings, splashes of humor and a lovable critter or two. After all, Cinderella never would have lived happily ever after without a little help from her animal friends! Teri is the recipient of the 2006 Westminster Kennel Club Angel on a Leash Writing Award and the 3rd place winner of the 21st Annual American Kennel Club Short Fiction Contest. She lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her husband, son and three delightful dogs. One of her many books is "All Creatures of Our God and King: What God's Word Says About Animals."
*Check out her Web site: http://www.freewebs.com/teriwilson/purchasemybooks.htm
- Meet Tom and Sue Ann McGoldrick of Paws in Heaven, located in Sattler, TX. Tom and his wife, Sue Ann, have been serving the pet parent community for various years. The two animal lovers are dedicated to supporting the needs of pet parents who take their furry friends to their crematory - a final resting place. In Tom's own words:
"We love our pets. They are our family. We know what a devastating
loss it can be when your family pet passes on. At Paws in Heaven, we treat these situations with the dignity a family pet deserves and provide a complete service to families who wish to have closure and a sense of peace when their beloved pet is gone. More than a crematorium, Paws in Heaven is here to provide caring services during an emotionally difficult time. It is our privilege to do so." - Tom McGoldrick
Click here to view their Web site: http://www.pawsnheaven.com/
- Be part of a beautiful candlelight experience, paying tribute to ALL creatures great and small! (Candle provided)
- Receive a unique keepsake gift in honor of your wonderful fur friend
- Listen to one-of-a-kind poems written by local pet parents
- Meet Santa Paws and Mrs. Claws
- An opportunity to win two free movie tickets to see "Marley & Me," coming to a theatre near you on Christmas Day *Click here to Movie Trailer: http://www.marleyandmemovie.com/
- Rainbow Bridge Memorial - Bring photos of your precious pet
The "Tribute to Tails" Candlelight Memorial was organized in 2003 by Jim and Julie Wiley of San Antonio.Julie is a San Antonio native. Jim is originally from Muscatine, Iowa, but now calls San Antonio "Home Sweet Home." The couple both serve in the world of communications and love it! But their GREATEST passion is their love for animals. Jim and Julie love-love-love God's creatures - ALL of them - from the tiny little kitchen mouse to the enormous five ton African elephant. This couple absolutely LOVES animals. Julie also serves as a facilitator for the SAPPY Pet Loss & Grief Support Group of San Antonio. They attend Community Bible Church. Jim is a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and Julie earned her degree from Southwest Texas State University. Julie also studied psychology during her studies at SWT. Her love for people and pets runs deep! She has also served as a small group counselor in various summer camp events. She and her husband organized the SAPPY Pet Loss & Grief Support Group in 2003, after they lost their 14-year-old Chihuahua, Sappy, to bladder cancer. Their mission is to work hard and passionately towards helping God's creatures find warm, loving homes and to help comfort the people who mourn after the loss of their precious and perfect creatures.
In Memory of "Sappy" 05/17/89 - 08/04/03
For more information, please call Julie at 210-216-0920 or e-mail at SappyPetLoss@sbcglobal.net
HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE "TRIBUTE TO TAILS"
Click here to Get directions to St. Francis Episcopal Church