May 20, 2007

Salute the Dogs Who Salute Our Wounded Soldiers Benefit

Losing a precious pet isn't easy! I know because I lost my precious little dog on August 4, 2003. This year, it'll be four years that our precious Sappy went to Heaven with God. Sappy touched my life in a big way. God used him to teach me unconditional love and patience. I believe that God gives certain dogs, like people, the gift of comfort and mercy. He uses people and doggies to bring comfort to the hurting.

Have you every heard of therapy dogs? If so, you know that these canines are very special. They are trained and certified dogs who visit the elderly in nursing homes; they also visit children in hospitals and shelters; and they visit our wounded soldiers.

On June 27, a special fundraiser event is scheduled to benefit the Penny's From Heaven Foundation. This pet therapy ministry reaches out to our wonded soldiers. These highly trained dogs provide comfort, mercy and lots of love to our United States service men and women. It's a very good cause. Hope to see you there. (See attached invitation) --

No comments: